The Kiwanis Club of Poway, CA Foundation
The Kiwanis Club of Poway, CA Foundation is an IRS-recognized 501(c) (3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit public charity affiliated with the Kiwanis Club of Poway to conduct purely charitable activities and be able to accept grants, gifts, and contributions in support of these events.
The mission of the foundation is to assist individuals, families and organizations in need, particularly those involving or associated with children. While the foundation provides financial support for specific charitable activities, the Poway Kiwanis Club provides the volunteer labor to conduct these activities.
Among the organizations and projects supported by the foundation are:
- Scholarships for deserving students, including those at Poway High, Abraxas High and the San Pasqual Academy, the country's only residential high school for foster teens.
- The Painted Rock Elementary School K-Kids, the Twin Peaks Middle School Builders Club, the Poway High Key Club, the Circle K program at Cal State San Marcos and the Abraxas Aktion Club of Poway.
- Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego
- The "Holiday With Heroes" program
- Kiwanis International's Eliminate Project
- Camps for children sponsored by the San Diego Burn Institute and American Cancer Society.
- The families of young Marines assigned to Camp Pendleton.
Major foundation fundraisers include the Padres Spring Training Kickoff Luncheon (Februry) and the Keg & Cork (September). The foundatiion also runs a vehicle donation program.
For more information on the foundation and its programs, or to arrange to make a donation, contact Chairman Joyce Handa at 858-485-5636. The foundaton's EIN is 51-0637331.